The Date for graduation is Monday, June 2nd. Graduation is hosted at Nova Southeastern University in Davie at 7:00pm. Students who are graduating will receive 4 tickets for the ceremony.Tickets will be distributed at graduation rehearsal which will take on Friday, May 23 9:00am in the DBHS Gym. For a complete schedule of Class of 2014 events please click here.
• For cap and gown concerns please contact Herff Jones Broward | 954.693.0006
• For Senior guidance concerns please contact Ms. Williamson | 754.322.0667
• For graduation ceremony concerns please contact Ms. O’Brien | 754.322.0746
Below are the graduation requirements for seniors who plan to graduate in June of 2014. Please meet with your guidance counselor Ms. Williamson in the Guidance Office to ensure that you are on track to meet all of the graduation requirements. If you are in the International Baccalaureate Program, please see Ms. Carter.
• 4 credits of English
• 1 credit of Algebra
• 1 credit of Geometry
• 2 additional credits of Mathematics
• 3 credits of Science
• 1 credit of World History
• 1 credit of American History
• 1/2 credit of US Government
• 1/2 credit of Economics
• 1 credit of Performing / Practical Arts, Speech, or Debate
• 1 credit of Physical Education (HOPE)
• 8 credits of Electives
Total of 24 credits
• You must also pass the 10th grade Reading FCAT or have an ACT or SAT equivalent score.
• You must have a 2.0 unweighted GPA
• You must demonstrate computer competency
• You must have at least 40 hours of community service
The Department of Education may modify the above graduation requirements which are current as of September 19, 2013