Class of 2017
Advisor | Mr. Box (located in Guidance)Twitter : @bucks_2017
The Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE and archived. To watch the Class of 2016 graduate LIVE at Nova Southeastern University Click HERE. Please feel free to share this information with friends and family who will not be able to attend graduation in person. There will be zero cost for this service.
Graduation for the Class of 2017 will take place on Sunday, June 4th 9am at Nova Southeastern University in Davie. Students who are graduating will receive 4 tickets for the ceremony. Graduates are to go immediately to their seats upon arrival pending instructions.
• Cap and gown concerns please contact Herff Jones Broward 954.693.0006
• Senior guidance concerns please contact Ms. Williamson 754.322.0667
• Graduation ceremony concerns please contact Mr. May 754.322.0662
• Black Shoes – You will be standing for long periods of time, pick your shoes wisely.
• Skirt or Dress not longer than the graduation gown.
• Black Shoes
• Black Pants
• White Collard Shirt
• Dark Tie
Graduation will be held at the Arena at Don Taft University Center on the campus of Nova Southeastern University, Davie FL.
Please note that there is a parking fee of $7.00 per vehicle
• Graduate Arrival – 6:30 – 7:00am
• Doors Open to Public – 8:00am
• Graduation Ceremony – 9:00am
From I-95 or Florida’s Turnpike
Option 1 | Take I-95 exit, westbound: proceed on I-595 to University Drive exit. Take University Drive south, approximately 1 mile past the 595 intersection to the SW 36th Street traffic light. Turn left on SW 36th Street and follow the road all the way to the 3 way stop where you will be directed and assisted to park.
Option 2 | From I-595 exit on Davie Road and drive south to Nova Drive . Turn Right on Nova Drive and proceed to College Avenue. Turn Left on College Avenue and continue driving pass the intersection of SW 30th Street proceed straight forward all the way to McCahill Drive. Turn Right at McCahill Drive and follow the traffic officers directions to park.
Parents are to be reminded that:
* There are no balloons, no seat saving and disabled seating is limited. Disabled guests will be allowed only one (1) companion to be seated with them.
* For safety reasons, no strollers are allowed in the arena and must be parked in the designated area in the lobby.
* Everyone regardless of age (babies included) must have a ticket to get into the University Center Arena to view the program. Students should be informed “No Ticket, No Entrance. Period!!”
* Cameras are allowed but no one may stand or leave their seats to take pictures. This disrupts the flow of the ceremony and blocks the view of others.
* Doors will open one (1) hour prior to the ceremony.
* Doors will shut and lock at the start of the processional and will not reopen until after the National Anthem. *
* Graduates will have the opportunity to purchase diploma plaques. Plaques are available for purchase prior to each ceremony, by contacting Herff Jones Co. at 954-693-0006 for instructions. They will also be available on site immediately before and immediately following the conclusion of the ceremony. They cannot be purchased at a later time or date. NSU will arrange for a location for the purchase of diploma plaques.
• MANDATORY Graduation rehearsal is Friday, May 26, 2017. Arrive to the gym no later than 9:00am.
• The last day to order your cap & gown is Friday, May 12, 2017.
Calendar of Class of 2017 Events
|Car Wash||August 18|8:00am||DBHS Bus Loop||$10||Car Wash||August 19|8:00am||DBHS Bus Loop||$10||Super Hero Shirt Day||September 7||DBHS||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||September 8|2:45pm||Media Center||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||September 19|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Senior Photos||September 23||280 Corridor||Variable||Parent Night||September 28|6:30pm||DBHS Auditorium||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||October 10|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Senior Assembly||October 11|2nd Period||DBHS Auditorium||Free||Bow Tie Monday Homecoming Week||October 17||DBHS||Free||Twin Out Tuesday Homecoming Week||October 18||DBHS||Free||Senior Photos||October 19||DBHS Auditorium||Variable||Prep Up Wednesday Homecoming Week||October 19||DBHS||Free||Cap & Gown Parent Night||October 19|5:30pm||DBHS Cafeteria||$50||Last Dynasty Thursday Homecoming Week||October 20||DBHS||Free||Cap & Gown Purchase||October 20||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$50||Color War Friday Homecoming Week||October 21||DBHS||Free||Cap & Gown Purchase||October 21||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$50||Homecoming Game vs. Monarch||October 21||DBHS Stadium||$5||Homecoming Dance||October 22||Cafeteria||$55||Class of 2017 Meeting||October 24|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Cap & Gown Purchase||October 26||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$50||Senior Quotes||October 27||267|Mr Radecki||$3||Senior Picture Deadline||October 27||280 Corridor||Variable||Blood Drive||November 3||DBHS Gym||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||November 7|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||November 21|2:45pm||Room 165||free||Senior Panoramic Photo||December 1|2nd Period||DBHS Gym||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||December 5|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||December 19|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||January 9|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Parent Night||January 11|6:00pm||Media Center||Free||Cap & Gown Purchase||January 23||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$50||Class of 2017 Meeting||January 23|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Cap & Gown Purchase||January 24||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$50||First Prom Payment||January 27||Online/Cash||$35||First Grad Bash Payment||January 27||Online/Cash||$45||Class of 2017 Meeting||February 6|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Clubs|Sports Pictures||February 10||DBHS Gym||Free||Second Prom Payment||February 24||Online/Cash||$35||Second Grad Bash Payment||February 24||Online/Cash||$45||Cap & Gown Purchase||TBA||DBHS Rotunda A & B Lunch||$60||Class of 2017 Meeting||March 6|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Blood Drive||March 15||DBHS Gym||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||March 20|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Senior Breakfast||March 24|9:00am||Double Tree Hilton||$15||Universal Grad Bash Ticket Deadline||March 29||Cash/Online||$130||Final Grad Bash Payment||March 29||Online/Cash||$45||Third Prom Payment||March 31||Online/Cash||$30||Class of 2017 Meeting||April 3|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Class of 2017 Meeting||April 17|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Universal Grad Bash Assembly||April 18|10:18am||DBHS Auditorium||Free||Butler Scholarship Deadline||April 19|2:30pm||DBHS Main Hallway||Free||Class of 2017 meeting||April 27 | Boys 2nd Period Girls 3rd Period||DBHS Auditorium||Free||Final Prom Payment||April 28||Online/Cash||$30||Dui Presentation||April 28|9:30am-11:00am||Parking lot||Free||Universal Grad Bash||April 29||Universal Studios|Orlando FL||$130||Class of 2017 Meeting||May 1|2:45pm||Room 165||Free||Prom Ticket Deadline||May 1||Online/Cash||$125||Senior Decorum Letters Due||May 5|A&B Lunches||Student Affairs||Free||Senior Award Night||May 10|6:00pm||DBHS Auditorium||Free||Cap & Gown Orders Due||May 12||www.HJBroward.com||$100||Prom||May 13|7:00pm||Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina||$125||Senior Exams||May 22||7th Period||Free||Senior Exams||May 23||5th & 6th Period||Free||Senior Exams||May 24||3rd & 4th Period||Free||Senior Exams||May 25||1st & 2nd Period||Free||Graduation Rehearsal|MANDATORY||May 26|9:00am||DBHS Gym||Free||Cap & Gown Distribution*||June 1|8am - 10am||DBHS Stadium||Free||Class of 2017 Graduation||June 4|9:00am||Nova Southeastern University | Davie||Free|
Cap & gowns will be distributed on June 2nd at the Football Stadium with the following schedule. Note that ALL obligations must be cleared before you can receive your cap & gown. If you have not ordered yours yet contact Herff Jones at www.HJBroward.com or 954.693.0006. The last day to order your cap & gown is Friday, May 12, 2017.
*June 1, 2017 Distribution Schedule
8:00-8:20 am Last Names A-C
8:20-8:40 am Last Names D-G
8:40-9:00 am Last Names H-L
9:00-9:20 am Last Names M-Q
9:20-9:40 am Last Names R-Z
9:40–10:00 am Any Names A-Z