Head Coach | Paula Bailey | Phone : (754) 322-0752
Winter Cheerleading Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, October 31st at 2:45pm and Thursday, November 2nd at 12:00pm with Final Tryout Day of Saturday, November 4th at 8:00am, make sure to check out the breakdown of tryout information and cost.
Deerfield Beach High School will hold cheerleading tryouts for the 2017-2018 school year for all DBHS students new to the school including any 9th-12th grade. In order to participate and be present for tryouts, you must meet the following requirements:
– Currently have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher (as of the previous semester).
– Good classroom conduct.
– Cleared all athletic (especially cheerleading) OBLIGATIONS to the school.
– A non-refundable $100 deposit for cheerleading fees paid on Deerfield’s estore by Monday, November 6th.
Potential cheerleaders will be evaluated on the tryout date ONLY. They will perform the learned material in front of a panel of judges on the tryout day. Cheerleaders will be selected based on the following criteria:
– Any tumbling ability (standing and running tumbling)
– Stunting ability
– Motions (a cheer and a dance will be taught)
– Toe Touch Jump (mandatory for females only)
– Ability to lead and engage a crowd (do not underestimate the
importance of this)
– Grade Point Average
– Teacher/Administrator Evaluation Form
- Tryout participants will turn in all required paperwork and once the paperwork is submitted the potential cheerleader will receive a tryout number and proceed with tryouts.
– Must present an ORIGINAL five 8-count dance routine.
– Must present an ORIGINAL cheer
– Must be able to display ability to do a Double Toe Touch and one other cheer jump
What to wear:
DBHS’ school colors are scarlet (red) and gold. These are the color shorts recommended to students on the Tryout Information Sheet to wear on tryout day. Former cheerleaders from any squad or team, do NOT wear any pieces of clothing that identify the former squad.
See Coach Bailey in the Guidance Office for more information.