Mentoring Tomorrows’ Leaders or known as MTL is a peer-to-peer mentoring, student lead, and education re-engagement based program where the main mission is to increase high school graduation rates. MTL was founded with the intent of the used five pillars (Academic Achievement, Mentoring, Family Involvement, Community Support, and Incentives).
- Academic Achievement- 9th and 10th graders with a grad point average (GPA) below 2.0 are assigned as mentees. To which a mentees are assigned to a Mentor and an Academic Coach to help increase academic progress.
- Mentoring- All upperclassmen with a 3.0 GPA or high are assigned to mentees to support the mentees academic progress.
- Family Involvement- MTL parents/guardians are suggested to attend monthly parents education meetings to cover varies topics such as grades and graduation requirements.
- Community Support- Community members come to sever mentors and mentees as Adult role models.
- Incentives- Members can earn incentives as the program continuous to inspire others to strive for better.
Broward County has installed many MTL programs into a variety schools, such as Deerfield Beach High. On Tuesday, November 14th MTL will be holding its annual Induction for this year in DBHS’ library at 5:30pm. Parents are inspired to attend, as more information will be reveal. Refreshments will be severed as well.